The Bible says in Romans 8:14,” For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. Not only are they sons of God but they are His friends and no longer slaves. Romans 6:6 says, “knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin”. There are many great things we miss out on in life as a result of not understanding the simple fact that we cannot make it on our own. God has already made help available to us. The Lord Jesus promised us the Holy Spirit who would lead us into all truth. You might have made it this far without Him, but you can no longer live a “dry life”, without His anointing. Please allow me to share six things necessary to live a powerful, sanctified life.
- I have discovered that we need to be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit who guides us in the way we ought to go. When we have a relationship with Him, He tells us what do because He knows everything. He wants to teach us God’s ways and show us His glory. In John 14:26 the Bible says,”But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.
- It is important to be a seeker. Matthew 6:33 tells us;”But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you”.As we mind the business of the Kingdom of God and seek to live righteously He adds the things we need. This can only be enabled by the working of the Holy Spirit who is fixing the issues of our lives in order to present us blameless before Christ. We begin to live satisfying, Spirit-filled lives as we constantly seek God.
- When He calls we need to answer God’s call and He will enable us to walk in His anointing. He will enable us to walk in the Spirit doing His work which He planned from the beginning. Jeremiah 1:5 says, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations.” Being faithful in what God has called us to do will help us to function at an even higher level.
- We must stay hungry for God. Matthew 5:6 says, “blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled” Let us understand that the enemy will not give up on us as long as we are on this side of He is relentless in trying to keep us out of God’s presence. Let’s refuse to faint in the day of adversity, keeping on keeping on, not by our own strength, but being constantly powered by the Spirit of God.
- It is of paramount importance that we keep in step with the Spirit. Galatians 5:25 says,“If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. There is a need to stay close in our walk with God. The Bible likens us to sheep and we must hear and heed the shepherd’s voice. If we can’t hear his voice, it means we must draw closer to Him. Staying in the place of prayer and reading the Word of God puts us in good stead to follow our Lord Jesus Christ.
- Living a Spirit – filled life demands that we stay focused and fix our eyes on the Lord as we become more and more sensitive to Him. The “small still voice” will speak but we need to be tuned in to the right frequency in order to hear. No more distractions!
In a world where a lot of things are clamoring for our attention can we be attentive enough to hear God? We would not have managed to repent of our sins and come to Jesus if it was not for the Holy Spirit who nudged us until we agreed to surrender our lives to Christ. In the same way we need Him even more as we walk with Jesus daily now.
Fitzgerald Mujuru writes inn his own capacity as Christian author and online publisher.